What Donald Cerrone told his manager after Conor McGregor signed fight contract

Donald Cerrone cannot wait to get his ‘hands’ on Conor McGregor after Dana White confirmed the pair would headline UFC 246 on January 18.

The welterweight clash is yet to be officially announced, but White revealed this week McGregor had put pen to paper on his return to the octagon.

McGregor has not fought since October 2018, while Cerrone has continued to be one of the promotion’s most active fighters.

Cerrone has been campaigning for a showdown with McGregor for several years and his manager Josh Jones revealed what ‘Cowboy’ said after he told him the fight was official.

‘Finally, I get my hands on him,’ Cerrone said.

Cerrone comes into the fight on the back of successive defeats to Justin Gaethje and Tony Ferguson, while McGregor too will be looking to bounce back from a loss.

McGregor’s defeat to Khabib Nurmagomedov in a lightweight title fight last year prompted another lengthy hiatus from fighting.

The Irishman has vowed to return to his very best and put a host of personal issues behind him, which included a court appearance for punching a man in 2019.

McGregor issued a short response to the news of his imminent return, saying on Twitter: ‘Thank me, belatedly.’

Source: Read Full Article