Notts County vs Oldham preview
Notts County will check on the fitness of Jon Stead ahead of their home game against Oldham.
The veteran striker missed the draw at Port Vale with a leg injury but Magpies manager Harry Kewell is hopeful of having the 35-year-old, who has scored six goals this season, available.
Andy Kellett, Noor Husin, Terry Hawkridge and Dan Jones were all left out of the squad at Vale Park on Saturday but could come back into contention.
Centre-half Richard Duffy made his return from a hamstring injury as a late substitute against Vale and the defender should be involved once more.
Andy Taylor remains a doubt for Oldham due to hamstring trouble.
The defender has not played a league game since Oldham’s 3-1 home defeat to Carlisle a month ago.
Zeus de la Paz and Sam Surridge have also been suffering from similar problems as the Latics continue to be hit by absentees.
Oldham have lost four of their last five league games, winning just one of their last eight.
- Notts County and Oldham haven’t faced in the league since the 2014-15 season in League One – the game at Meadow Lane ended goalless.
- In the fourth tier, these sides haven’t faced since March 1971 – a 3-1 win for Notts County.
- Notts County have failed to win any of their previous four league games (D1 L3) having gone five games unbeaten prior to this run.
- Oldham have won just three of their last 25 away games in the Football League (D14 L8), failing to score in 11 of those games, netting just 26 goals in total during this period.
- Kane Hemmings has been directly involved in more goals so far this season than any other Notts County player (7 – 5 goals, 2 assists).
Source: Read Full Article