Fulham 2-3 Everton: Dominic Calvert-Lewin nets brace but Toffees forced to cling on
Match report and free highlights as Dominic Calvert-Lewin climbs to the top of the Premier League scoring charts with Craven Cottage brace; Fulham left to rue defensive mistakes and another missed penalty as second-half fightback falls short
Sunday 22 November 2020 14:05, UK
Everton withstood a second-half Fulham fightback to arrest a three-game losing run with a dramatic 3-2 victory at Craven Cottage.
Dominic Calvert-Lewin bundled Everton in front inside 42 seconds as Fulham’s defensive frailties were exposed in a nightmare start for Scott Parker’s side.
Bobby Decordova-Reid hauled Fulham level on the quarter-hour but Calvert-Lewin’s second and Abdoulaye Doucoure’s first Everton goal opened up a two-goal cushion at the break for the Toffees.
Fulham were much improved in the second half with substitute Ruben Loftus-Cheek reducing the arrears seconds after Ivan Cavaleiro had deepened the hosts’ penalty woes with a shanked spot-kick over the bar.
And Fulham were left to pay the penalty again as their fightback fell short and Everton ground out a victory which lifts them up to sixth in the Premier League and leaves the hosts a point above the relegation zone.
- How the teams lined up | Match stats
- Premier League table | Fixtures | Results
- Get Sky Sports – All channels £23 a month
Opta stats – Fulham pay the penalty
- Fulham have missed five of their last eight Premier League penalties, including the last three, all taken by different players (Aleksandar Mitrovic, Ademola Lookman and Ivan Cavaleiro).
- Everton have won their last three Premier League games in London, more than they had in their previous 26 such matches (W2 D11 L13). In fact, it is their best run in the capital since April 1987.
- Everton have conceded 2+ goals in six consecutive Premier League games for the first time since October 2008.
- Only Chelsea (12) have scored more goals in the first minute of Premier League games than Everton (10 – level with Tottenham.
- Dominic Calvert-Lewin’s opener after just 42 seconds was the earliest Premier League goal Everton have scored since April 2017 against Leicester (30 seconds).
- Dominic Calvert-Lewin has scored in seven of his nine Premier League appearances for Everton this season (10 goals) making him the outright top goalscorer in the division.
- Fulham’s Bobby De Cordova-Reid scored in back-to-back home league games for the first time since April 2018 for Bristol City.
More to follow.
Everton host Leeds on Saturday Night Football at 5.30pm – live on Sky Sports Premier League. Fulham travel to Leicester on Monday Night Football at 5.30pm – live on Sky Sports Premier League.
Source: Read Full Article