Injuries: Gronk (back/ankle) returns to Pats practice
Rob Gronkowski is back on the practice field.
The New England Patriots tight end was limited Wednesday and missed Thursday’s practice. He remains on the injury report with the back and ankle injuries that sidelined him for last week’s game. But, having Gronk back on the field is a good indicator he might be good to go against the Green Bay Packers Sunday night.
Visual evidence of Gronk #patriots. pic.twitter.com/AGvXlgc0MU
Per NFL Network’s Mike Giardi, Patriots running back Sony Michel (knee) was also seen during the portion of practice open to the media. Guard Shaq Mason (calf) remains sidelined and did not practice at all this week.
Other injuries we’re tracking around the league:
1. Buffalo Bills coach Sean McDermott said quarterback Derek Anderson is still in concussion protocol. If Anderson is unable to play Sunday against the Chicago Bears, Nathan Peterman will start, McDermott said. Linebacker Tremaine Edmunds also remains in concussion protocol.
2. Minnesota Vikings running back Dalvin Cook (hamstring), wide receiver Stefon Diggs (rib), offensive tackle Riley Reiff (foot), cornerback Xavier Rhodes (foot) and safety Andrew Sendejo (groin) are all listed as questionable against the Detroit Lions. Linebacker Anthony Barr (hamstring), guard Tom Compton (knee) and running back Roc Thomas (hamstring) have all been ruled out.
3. Cleveland Browns linebacker Joe Schobert (hamstring) will not play Sunday against the Kansas City Chiefs. Wide receivers Antonio Callaway (ankle) and Rashard Higgins (knee), defensive back Damarious Randall (groin) and offensive lineman JC Tretter (ankle) are all listed as questionable, per NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero.
4. New York Jets tight end Neal Sterling (concussion) has been ruled out for Sunday’s tilt with the Miami Dolphins. Cornerback Trumaine Johnson (quad) and linebacker Kevin Pierre-Louis are listed as doubtful. Receivers Quincy Enunwa (ankle) and Robby Anderson (ankle), receiver/kick returner Andre Roberts (back), defensive lineman Steve McLendon (ankle) and linebacker Frankie Luvu (neck) are all listed as questionable.
5. Miami Dolphins coach Adam Gase announced cornerback Cordrea Tankersly suffered a torn ACL and will be out for the rest of the season. Gase said quarterback Ryan Tannehill has a capsule injury in his right shoulder.
6. Carolina Panthers wide receiver Torrey Smith (knee) has been ruled out against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
7. Per NFL Network’s James Palmer, Denver Broncos linebacker Von Miller was seen wearing a large brace on his left knee during Friday’s practice. Miller has been limited in practice this week due to a knee injury. The Broncos secondary will be without cornerback Bradley Roby (ankle) and safety Darian Stewart (neck) on Sunday.
8. Atlanta Falcons cornerback Robert Alford (ankle) and kicker Matt Bryant (hamstring) will not play against the Washington Redskins.
9. Washington Redskins left tackle Trent Williams (thumb/shoulder), running back Chris Thompson (rib) and wide receiver Jamison Crowder (ankle) are all ruled out for Sunday. Jay Gruden also confirmed Williams underwent thumb surgery and is week-to-week.
10. Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill (groin) was a full participant at Friday’s practice.
Source: Read Full Article