Nate Diaz warns Leon Edwards he's coming to KILL ahead of their fight
Nate Diaz warns Britain’s Leon Edwards he’s ‘coming to KILL and to take his career’ as the UFC star tells his critics writing him off to ‘shut the f*** up’ ahead of his return to the octagon after a 19-month hiatus
- Nate Diaz will make his UFC return after a 19-month layoff against Leon Edwards
- UFC star Diaz is widely seen as the underdog against the in-form British fighter
- Diaz has warned Edwards he is coming to ‘kill’ and to take his record and career
Nate Diaz has warned Leon Edwards he is coming to ‘kill’ and wants to wreck his career when he faces the British star on his comeback at UFC 263 this Sunday night.
The welterweight star has been out of action for 19 months but is jumping right back in at the deep end by taking a risky fight against Edwards, who is unbeaten in his last nine outings and closing in on a title shot.
Diaz admitted he is impressed by Edwards’ record and that was one of the key reasons why he wanted to take the fight.
Nate Diaz has warned Leon Edwards he’s coming to ‘kill’ and to ‘take his career’ at UFC 263
‘I was waiting, trying to get on a good card where everything was happening again, where there’s full crowds, and it was time to go and he’s the one who is winning and doing a good job,’ Diaz told ESPN.
‘He’s got an impressive little record and career going on so let’s take that s***.’
Edwards is widely regarded as one of the best welterweights in the world right now but Diaz represents by far the biggest name and challenge he’s ever faced in his career.
Although Diaz’s reputation exceeds Edwards’, it is the American who is seen as the underdog in this fight, which could act as a title eliminator to Kamaru Usman’s world strap.
Edwards (left) hasn’t lost a fight since 2015 and is widely seen as the favourite to beat Diaz
Asked if he was bothered about being written off, Diaz had a simple and expletive-ridden message for his critics.
‘That’s been my whole career is s*** like that. If any of the fighters, to all the fighters out there saying anything about me, if it’s not positive as a motherf***er, then shut the f*** up and f*** you,’ he added.
‘That’s what I think about you. That’s how my whole career has gone and been. If you ain’t got nothing nice to say, don’t say at all because that’s how I work, anyway.
‘I don’t got nothing nice to say, I keep my predictions and all that s*** to myself because all those guys that are saying about me losing, they’re not s*** themselves.
‘I just want to come and put on a good show and get the job done. I hope everybody leaves with their head on their shoulders but I’m coming to kill for sure.’
Nick Diaz could make his return to the UFC this year, according to president Dana White
Diaz’s older brother Nick, meanwhile, is preparing to make his long-awaited return to the UFC after Dana White revealed talks are ongoing about him fighting for the first time since 2015.
Speaking earlier this week, the UFC president said: ‘It looks like Nick Diaz will fight this year.
‘The last time that I saw him in Jacksonville but it looks like it’s going to happen. We’ll see.
‘The matchmakers have [talked to him] but I don’t know where we’re at on it but it’s looking promising.’
Share this article
Source: Read Full Article