McGregor doubts Mayweather's claim he earned $100m from exhibitions
Conor McGregor rubbishes Floyd Mayweather’s claim he earned over $100 million from exhibition bouts… saying the undefeated American is ‘full of s**t’ with another fight between the two expected next year
- Mayweather has an exhibition fight in Japan on Saturday, claiming to earn $20m
- McGregor cast doubt on that claim, saying he’d be on the Forbes list if he earned as much as he claimed to have earned
- The two are in discussions on a potential rematch of their 2017 bout next year
On the heels of a potential 2023 rematch between Irishman Conor McGregor and American Floyd Mayweather, the war of words has already begun.
Mayweather said yesterday that a fight between the two is in the works for 2023 and may go down as a professional bout.
The two last met back in 2017, with Mayweather securing a victory in the 10th round by TKO.
Mayweather’s next fight is an exhibition this weekend in Japan against Mikuru Askaura – with the American claiming to make between $15-20m from the fight, according to DailyMail.com.
However, McGregor refuted that idea on Twitter, saying Mayweather was ‘full of s**t’, before deleting the tweet from his profile.
‘He also said he made 100m to spar the Logan guy yet never made the Forbes list top 100,’ the tweet from McGregor’s account read.
‘He hasn’t cleared 20 million in 1 full year since 2017. When we fought the last time. Otherwise he’d have been on the list. He hasn’t made the list since 2017. In other words he’s full of s**t’
Mayweather went head-to-head with the Irishman in a boxing match back in 2017
McGregor disputed Mayweather’s claim that he’d earn $20m from this fight in a tweet
Speaking exclusively to Sportsmail, Mayweather discussed his plans for the rest of the year and went into details about facing McGregor again.
Mayweather said: ‘I want to go out there this weekend in Tokyo and have fun [against Mikuru Asakura]. Then I have another exhibition in Dubai in November and me and Conor McGregor in 2023.
‘We don’t know if it’s going to be an exhibition or a real fight. But there’s been talks of both. I would prefer an exhibition.’
When asked why he would prefer an exhibition, Mayweather said: ‘I am not into fights where I am going to take any real punishment.
Mayweather dominated McGregor and took a tenth round TKO victory against the UFC star
‘So, guys like Conor McGregor and guys that don’t really hit hard such as YouTubers or UFC guys, I don’t really mind colliding with those kinds of individuals but nothing where I am going to put myself in a position where I am going to harm myself or hurt myself.’
He also remains open to a bout in the UK, telling Sportsmail, ‘We don’t know [where the rest of my bouts will take place] but of course, if the price is right then I am on my way [to the UK].
Mayweather’s clash with the Notorious proved to be his last professional fight, taking his record to 50 wins and zero losses or draws.
Mayweather – who insists he wouldn’t change a single thing about his career – reportedly earned around $280million from the blockbuster bout.
Meanwhile, McGregor took home a reported $130m from what was his first and only boxing fight.
Since then, McGregor suffered three defeats in his last four UFC bouts. He has also taken some time away from the Octagon after breaking his leg against Dustin Poirier.
McGregor has not fought since he broke his leg (above) during his defeat to Dustin Poirier
Source: Read Full Article