UFC 234 Anderson Silva vs. Israel Adesanya: Fight date, PPV price, how to watch, live stream
The first pay-per-view of 2019 for the UFC is upon us, as UFC 234 takes place on Saturday, Feb. 9 live from the Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne, Australia.
The main event was supposed to feature Robert Whittaker officially putting the middleweight championship on the line for the first time against Kelvin Gastelum. But on Saturday afternoon, UFC president Dana White told ESPN.com that Whittaker got pulled from the fight after being hospitalized on Friday night and diagnosed with a hernia.
The new main event has former long-time reigning middleweight champion Anderson Silva battling young middleweight star Israel Adesanya.
Join DAZN and watch Bellator 216 plus more than 100 fight nights a year
Silva (34-8, one no-contest) returns to the Octagon for the first time in two years after failing a drug test administered by the United States Anti-Doping Agency in October 2017 before his bout with Gastelum. “The Spider” faced a lengthy suspension, but only received a one-year punishment after a contaminated supplement was found. In his last fight, Silva beat Derek Brunson by unanimous decision at UFC 208 in February 2017.
The MMA world hasn’t someone take the sport by storm like Adesanya (15-0) has in quite awhile. The 29-year-old’s raw ability is quite unlike anything we have seen since Silva was in prime. Adesanya made his UFC debut at UFC 221 last February and his dominated every opponent who has come in his path.
The main event finds the all-time great looking to put out the firestorm of hype that comes with Adesanya. Will this be Silva’s last stand or will the Brazilian put the brakes on the astronomical rise of Adesanya?
(All times Eastern.)
UFC 234 date, start time
UFC 234 takes place on Saturday night, Feb. 9. Pay-per-view coverage begins at 10 p.m. Silva and Adesanya should enter the Octagon around 12:15 a.m.
How do I watch UFC 234?
The main card on pay-per-view can be purchased for $64.99. For more information on how to order UFC 234, contact your service provider. You can also live-stream UFC 234 and order the main card on UFC.TV and ESPN+ for $64.99.
Where is UFC 234?
UFC 234 will be held at Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne, Australia.
UFC 234 betting odds
According to sportsbookreview.com (as of Feb. 9), Adeanya is a -700 favorite, which means you’d need to bet $700 to win $100. Meanwhile, Sivla is a +457 underdog, meaning if you would bet $100, you would net $457.
Anderson Silva record and bio
Name: Anderson Silva
Born: April 14, 1975
Total fights: 43
Record: 34-8 with one no-contest.
Israel Adesanya record and bio
Name: Israel Adesanya
Born: July 24, 1991
Total fights: 15
UFC 234 fight card
- Israel Adesanya vs. Anderson Silva; Middleweight
- Rani Yahya vs. Ricky Simon; Bantamweight
- Montana De La Rosa vs. Nadia Kassem; Women’s Flyweight
- Jim Crute vs. Sam Alvey; Light Heavyweight
- Lando Vannata vs. Marcos Rosa; Lightweight
- Devonte Smith vs. Dong Hyun Ma; Lightweight
- Shane Young vs. Austin Arnett; Featherweight
- Kai Kara-France vs. Raulian Paiva; Flyweight
- Teruto Ishihara vs. Kyung Ho Kang; Bantamweight
- Callan Potter vs. Jalin Turner; Lightweight
- Wuliji Buren vs. Jonathan Martinez; Bantamweight
UFC 234 latest news
– Anderson Silva is a significant underdog against Israel Adesanya. Sporting News explains that if “The Spider” can’t pull off the upset than it should be time to hang up the gloves.
– Israel Adesanya tells SN that regardless of how much he respects Silva, he plans on knocking him out.
– UFC 234 is a unique card. SN explains why Montana De La Rosa is someone to watch out for on the show.
Source: Read Full Article