Conor McGregor’s response to Justin Gaethje’s win over Donald Cerrone

Conor McGregor has refused to get involved in a war of words with Justin Gaethje after his UFC rival snubbed him over a blockbuster bout.

Gaethje knocked out Donald Cerrone in Vancouver on Saturday night by stopping his rival in the first round.

Cerrone was unable to cope with his opponent's right hands and eventually fell to the canvas face first.

A clash with McGregor looks the next logical fight for Gaethje, but instead he snubbed the Irishman and called for a UFC title shot.

McGregor, however, avoided biting back at his rival and instead took to his Twitter account to post a serious-looking snap.

The UFC superstar donned his McGregor-branded training gear as he posed in the back of a car, a picture which was posted on social media without a caption.

After securing his latest victory, Gaethje name-checked McGregor but said that he wants to challenge for the 155lb belt.

That is currently held by Khabib Nurmagomedov who defeated Dustin Poirier last weekend and will next take on Tony Ferguson.

Gaethje said: “The Irishman’s retired. I want a real fighter. I want the winner of Tony and Khabib.

“I want to fight Khabib before he’s gone and if Tony wins, nobody’s going to miss that fight.

"[Cerrone's] so tough. That was my friend. I didn’t want to keep punching him, I’ll be honest with you."

Before the fight Gaethje had been open to a fight with McGregor who has not fought since he lost to Nurmagomedov last October.

He said:  "If the little Irish f*** wants to come back then I'm right here, I'm the perfect guy to bring him back.


Source: Read Full Article