Anthony Joshua has not decided to ‘cash out’ with Andy Ruiz Jr rematch in Saudi Arabia, says Eddie Hearn
Anthony Joshua has not decided to “cash out” in the Andy Ruiz Jr rematch, but has taken a greater risk by agreeing the world title fight in Saudi Arabia, says Eddie Hearn.
Britain’s heavyweight star will fight Ruiz Jr again in Diriyah on December 7, live on Sky Sports Box Office, as he attempts to avenge his shock stoppage defeat to Ruiz Jr in June.
Ruiz Jr had previously voiced his reluctance to travel to Britain and promoter Hearn insists Joshua was more interested in repairing his reputation than any financial reward on offer in the Middle East.
He wants to make [Ruiz Jr] feel that he’s won it fair and square and do it on a neutral territory.
Hearn told Sky Sports: “He [Ruiz Jr] didn’t want to fight in the UK, felt it was unfair, and I don’t think AJ wants any excuses. He wants to make him feel that he’s won it fair and square and do it on a neutral territory.
“I don’t think Anthony Joshua needs to cash out. I think he’s doing alright. In terms of the risk, there is greater risk for him in this fight, doing it in a neutral venue, than over in the UK. I think that’s just common sense. I admire him for that.”
Ready for anything that come my way u cant scare me with a good time 😉😇🙏blessing too all my people fan family everyone that has GOD in there heart much love and remember dreams come true😇🙏🙏🙏😇😇😇🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽😎😎😎😎👍👊👊👊👊
A post shared by Andy Ruiz Jr (@andy_destroyer13) on
Ruiz Jr is yet to officially comment on the location of the rematch, although Hearn confirmed that both fighters had signed for the fight, and he urged Joshua to produce a momentous victory.
He said: “For Anthony Joshua, once you take away the controversy, the discussions, the curiosity, get down to the fight, which is the biggest fight in boxing, which is Anthony Joshua trying to regain his world heavyweight titles against Andy Ruiz, and it’s in Saudi Arabia.
Source: Read Full Article